Call, Write or Email Us About Your Family Law Issue

Mention this website and ask for a free 15-minute telephone consultation to find out if our firm can help you resolve your Family Law problem.  Whether it's a divorce, post-divorce, custody or visitation matter, we'll be happy to discuss the matter briefly to determine if you need our services.
Contact Us Today

Hoge Partners, PLLC

Make a note of our NEW ADDRESS:

Suite 600
Kentucky Home Life Building
239 South Fifth Street

Louisville, Kentucky 40202

Fax:  (502) 583-1223
Phone:  (502) 583-2005

We accept:

Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers

James K MurphyReviewsout of 5 reviews

Linked In

Follow Us on Facebook

Home | FAQ | Directions | Contact

Post-Divorce Matters in Kentucky

The entry of a Decree of Dissolution does not necessarily put a final end on legal issues arising out of your marriage.

First, there are many things that you will need to take care of personally (i.e., changing  your name on your Social Security card and your drivers license, closing your joint bank accounts and opening new ones in your own name, and so forth.)

See "After Your Kentucky Divorce is Final" for further discussion about matters such as these.

But what if you and your spouse reached a full and final settlement of all of the issues in your divorce and now he or she doesn't keep his/her end of the bargain?  See Enforcement of Settlement Agreement for additional discussion on this topic.

And then there are the children!  Situations and circumstances change and the obligation you and your former spouse share with respect to the children is going to continue for a very long time.

Under certain circumstances, it is possible to re-visit custody and support issues after the divorce is final.  The most frequent post-divorce actions involve:

If you think you have a valid post-divorce issue, we encourage you to discuss the matter with legal counsel.