Call, Write or Email Us About Your Family Law Issue

Mention this website and ask for a free 15-minute telephone consultation to find out if our firm can help you resolve your Family Law problem.  Whether it's a divorce, post-divorce, custody or visitation matter, we'll be happy to discuss the matter briefly to determine if you need our services.
Contact Us Today

Hoge Partners, PLLC

Make a note of our NEW ADDRESS:

Suite 600
Kentucky Home Life Building
239 South Fifth Street

Louisville, Kentucky 40202

Fax:  (502) 583-1223
Phone:  (502) 583-2005

We accept:

Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers

James K MurphyReviewsout of 5 reviews

Linked In

Follow Us on Facebook

Home | FAQ | Directions | Contact

Attorneys' Fees in Kentucky Divorces

If one party is "disadvantaged" in comparison to the other, then the Court may require the latter to advance the former's attorney fees and/or legal expenses (court costs, expert fees, deposition costs, etc.).

For instance, if one spouse is a highly-compensated business professional, he or she may be required to advance a specific amount to the other spouse's attorney, particularly if the other spouse is disabled, incapacitated or has devoted himself/herself to taking care of the children and the parties' home throughout the marriage.

There must be a disparity between the two parties' incomes or potential to earn.  If the parties' respective incomes are more or less equal, the Court is not likely to order one party to pay the other's attorney fees and/or legal expenses.

Paying for a divorce is always an issue.  But, if there is a significant difference in the amount of the parties' respective incomes that puts one of the spouses at a significant disadvantage, then there is a good chance the Court will require the opposing party to contribute to the other's court costs and attorney fees.

Give us a call to talk about the possibility of your spouse contributing to your legal fees in processing your divorce.